As Kudzu Staffing partners with districts, families and communities, we help provide quality educational experiences that prepare all students to be successful beyond the classroom. We recognize the important role substitutes play in that effort. When district employees must be absent, our staffing agency provides high quality classroom teachers, certified nurses, custodians and food service substitutes. It is our mission to emphasize high academic achievement and career preparation for all students by providing the best qualified personnel in safe environments that encourage success.
- Substitutes are employed on a temporary, as needed basis, with no guarantee of a specified number of days they will be used during the year.
- It is important for Subs to be available on short notice.
- At this time, our Substitutes are restricted to 120 hours per month.
- Districts reserve the right to discontinue using one or all substitutes at any time.
- Substitutes are paid on the 15th and 30th of each month.
Procedures for Employment
- Complete application
- SDPC - click here to apply
- Anderson District Three - click here to apply
- If approved, applicants will receive an invitation to the next orientation. Orientations are by invitation only!
- At orientation you must provide:
- Depending upon position: Verification of certification, college transcripts, WorkKeys, high-school diploma or GED
- SLED check
- TB test results
- Kudzu Staffing new hire forms
- Successfully complete substitute orientation
- If approved, the substitute will receive identification to use when working, along with an approval letter from Kudzu Staffing.
- If not approved, applicants will be notified of the reason at the end of orientation (In most cases it is due to missing documentation that just needs to be handed in)
***ALL applicants cannot begin work until orientation has been completed and all documentation has been received by your local Kudzu Staffing agency.
Online Check Stubs
• Access your check stubs online with Kudzu’s Green Initiative
Substitute of the Month
Congratulations to Ashley Wells for being named Kudzu Staffing’s Substitute of the Month!
Ashley was nominated by SDPC district office personnel. She is a long-term substitute at Dacusville Elementary. Ashley is great with her students and the staff just love her! Pictured with Ashley is Dacusville Elementary School's Principal, Robin Walsh. Mrs. Walsh is excited to have Ashley at her school and said she has doing an excellent job!
Thank you, Ashley, for all your hard work!