As Kudzu Staffing partners with districts, families and communities, we help provide quality educational experiences that prepare all students to be successful beyond the classroom. We recognize the important role substitutes play in that effort. When district employees must be absent, our staffing agency provides high quality classroom teachers, certified nurses, custodians and food service substitutes. It is our mission to emphasize high academic achievement and career preparation for all students by providing the best qualified personnel in safe environments that encourage success.
- Substitutes are employed on a temporary, as needed basis, with no guarantee of a specified number of days they will be used during the year.
- It is important for Subs to be available on short notice.
- Districts reserve the right to discontinue using one or all substitutes at any time.
Procedures for Employment
- Complete application
- School District of Pickens County - click here to apply
- Anderson School District Three - click here to apply
- School District of Oconee County - click here to apply
- If approved, applicants will receive an invitation to the next orientation. Orientations are by invitation only!
- At orientation you must provide:
- Depending upon position: Verification of certification, college transcripts, WorkKeys, high-school diploma or GED
- SLED Check
- TB Test Results
- Kudzu Staffing New Hire Forms
- Successfully complete substitute orientation
- If approved, the substitute will receive identification to use when working, along with an approval letter from Kudzu Staffing.
- If not approved, applicants will be notified of the reason at the end of orientation. In most cases, applicants are just missing required documentation.
***ALL applicants cannot begin work until orientation has been completed and all documentation has been received by your local Kudzu Staffing agency.
Online Check Stubs
• Access your check stubs online with Kudzu’s Green Initiative
Substitute of the Month
Congratulations to Jessica for being named Kudzu Staffing’s Substitute of the Month!
Congratulations to Jessica Capps for receiving Kudzu Education's Outstanding Dependability Award for February of 2020 from the School District of Pickens County. This award is given to substitutes who generously work at a variety of different schools across the county and are willing to pick up assignments that are posted last minute. Thank you, Jessica, for your flexibility and willingness to work on short notice. We appreciate all you do!